Effective Date: 7/25/2018
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) describes the type of information that the International Living Future Institute (“ILFI” or “we”) collects through your use of our online platform (productexpo.living-future.org), and through business development interactions with our partners and representatives (collectively, the “Service(s)”). This Notice does not apply to information collected about you through any other means, including information collected by third parties or through non-electronic or offline means.
This Notice Covers:
- What Personal Information is collected by ILFI through our Services.
- How ILFI uses this information.
- With whom ILFI may share Personal Information.
- What choices are available to you with respect to the collection, use, and sharing of this information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss or misuse of this information under our control.
By accessing or using the Services, or by clicking the “accept” button when you register to use a Service, you consent to our use of your Personal Information as described in this Notice. “Personal Information ” for purposes of this Notice is the information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person. This Notice may change from time to time. Your continued use of a Service after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Notice periodically for updates.
This Notice is part of, and is governed by, the ILFI Terms of Service.
A. Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways. First, you provide us with certain information when you register for and use our Services. Second, we collect certain information automatically as you interact with our Services.
- Information You Provide to Us:
We may collect Personal Information from you when you register as a user, provide comments and suggestions, sign up for newsletters, download mobile apps, post on user forums, enter promotions, interact with us on our social media channels, order products and services, submit content or send us feedback. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it. We directly collect the following types of information that you provide to us:
- Information You Provide to Us:
- Identifying information. We may collect Personal Information, including your name, work email address, work phone number, employer name and work title / position.
- User generated content. When you provide information and/or documentation, we may collect that content and associate it with your profile.
- Customer service interactions. To ensure the quality of your interactions with our customer service representatives, we may monitor and record phone calls or other communications between you and our representatives.
We use third-party payment processors to handle payment transactions. Any payments you make will also be subject to their privacy practices as set forth in their privacy policies.
- Information We Automatically Collect from You When You Use the Services
We (or service providers on our behalf) may use technologies, including “cookies” and “web beacons,” to automatically collect information from you when you use the Services. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your Internet browser, which saves and recognizes your browsing habits. ILFI uses both session cookies (which track a user’s progression during one site visit) and persistent cookies (which track a user over time). Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer or mobile device, such as the time and date you viewed a page, which emails are opened, which links are clicked, and similar information.
B. “Do Not Track” Requests
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. ILFI does not respond to “do not track” requests at this time.
C. How We Use the Information We Collect
Information that may be collected by cookies and web beacons when you use the Services may include, without limitation:
- developing, providing and improving the ILFI products and Services;
- assisting with the provision of services and fulfillment of product orders;
- managing and verifying your account and the identity of users of the Services;
- contacting you when necessary about your account or your use of the Services;
- sending you information and promotional materials about our products and Services as well as our company in general;
- responding to support requests;
- complying with regulatory requirements for the maintenance of records;
- conducting internal reviews of our Services to help us better understand visitors’ and customers’ uses of our Services;
- protecting the security and integrity of our Services;
- complying with court orders and legal process, and to enforce our Terms of Service and this Notice; and
- any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Notice.
ILFI also uses your Personal Information for interest-based and retargeting advertising. Interest-based advertising involves the collection of data across different web domains so we can deliver ads that are tailored to your interests. Our retargeting practices allow ILFI to show you products we think you would be interested in based on your activity on the Services. You can read more about this type of data-driven marketing on the Network Advertising Initiative website, www.networkadvertising.org.
We may combine information we collect about you through the Services with other information about you that we receive from third-party sources. By way of example and not limitation, we may use a change of address or other list service to ensure that our records for your account are accurate.
D. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties.
We may share the Personal Information we collect in connection with the Services with third parties, as described below:
- Third Parties Who Provide Services or Information Through the Service
If you are a user, we may share your Personal Information with third parties who may post or describe their projects or products on our Services, and those third parties may use that information to fulfill product orders, develop and improve their products or projects, and to contact you about product orders, future products, or their company in general.
- Public Content
If you post comments, images, and other content to or through our webpage, that information (associated with your user name) will be publicly viewable.
- Service Providers
We may share your Personal Information with our third-party distributors, vendors, suppliers and other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Services, website developers, hosting service providers, auditors, payment processors, performing marketing or consulting services, and assisting us with the preparation and mailing of our business and marketing communications and with processing and fulfillment functions. These third-party service providers may use your Personal Information for their own marketing purposes.
- Third-Party Analytics Providers
- Our Affiliates
We may share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies that are or may become under common control with us. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Notice with regard to their use of your information.
- Transfer or Assignment in Connection with Business Transfers or Bankruptcy
- Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders, or Protection of Our Rights
We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
- you have given us permission to share your information;
- we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights, or those of other users of the Services, third parties, or the public at large; or
- we believe that you have abused a Service by using it to attack or gain unauthorized access to a system or to engage in spamming or other conduct that violates applicable laws or the ILFI Terms of Service.
- Aggregate Information
We may share aggregate or de-identified information without restriction. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from other third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
E. Your Choices
We provide the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about you. In addition, you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email marketing communication you receive.
You may also change certain details in your profile by logging in and revising or deleting your account information.
F. How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. ILFI has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
G. European Union Privacy
If the processing of your Personal Information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), we have additional obligations and you have additional rights under the GDPR. These rights and obligations are as follows:
We will process your Personal Information in order to support our provision of the Services. The lawful bases for processing your Personal Information may include:
- When you have given consent to our processing;
- When processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- When processing is necessary to protect our legitimate interests or that of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights;
- When processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and
- When processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
You have many rights with respect to our processing of your Personal Information. Depending upon the lawful basis of processing, you may have the right to withdraw consent or object to our processing of your Personal Information. You may further have the right to be informed about your Personal Information and how it is being processed, to access, correct and erase your Personal Information, to restrict further processing, and to obtain and reuse your Personal Information for your own purposes. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant European Union supervisory authority.
If we transfer your Personal Information to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area, we will do so in compliance with applicable laws with respect to such transfer.
H. Correcting/Updating Your Information
You may have the right to access the Personal Information we collect about you. You may also have the right to correct any errors contained in that information. For details, please email us at email@example.com.
I. No Use By Children
The Services are not intended for users younger than 13. We do not knowingly collect contact information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 13 has submitted Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files.
J. Use of Information Outside Your Country of Residence
The Services are directed to users located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Services or provide your information to us, you should be aware that we may transfer your information to the United States and process it there. The privacy laws in the United States may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Your consent to this Notice followed by your submission of information to us through or in connection with the Services represents your agreement to the transfer of your information to the United States.
K. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. If we decide to make a material change in this Notice, we will post it on this page. Your continued use of the Services after the posting of changes to this Notice will mean you accept these changes. In some cases, we may attempt to contact you through an email or other address you have provided, so we can give you choices about our using your information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that affect your Personal Information that is already in our possession, we will apply those changes to that older information only with your consent or as otherwise allowed by law.
L. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Notice or our use of the information we collect from you in connection with the Services, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.